Candle Care Tips for Getting the Most Out of Your Natural Zen Candelilla and Coconut Candle
Here are our best candle care tips to help you get the most enjoyment from your Natural Zen Candle.
Burn your candle properly the first time
The first time you burn your candle is important. Your candle has a memory. Allow your candle to burn on the first light long enough to create a full melt pool, that is, the entire top layer of wax liquefies or melts from edge to edge of the candle container. The melt pool should be 1/4 inch deep. You will want to repeat this with each use in order to get the most from your candle. This timing usually varies between 3 – 4 hours but will depend on the size.
Keep the candle wick trimmed to 1/8 inch
Before you light your new candle, ensure the wick is trimmed to 1/8 inch. Before each subsequent use, trim your wick to 1/8 inch before lighting your candle. Ensure wick trimmings do not drop into the candle. Though sharp scissors will do, we recommend that you use a wick trimmer for a perfect trim.
- Place the bottom of the wick trimmer flush with the surface of your candle
- Rock the trimmer back so that the elbow rests on the candle’s surface
- Hold your trimmer on a 45 degree angle to get the proper wick length
- Bring the two handles together to trim the wick. Discard of the wick trimming before lighting.
Do not burn your candle longer than 4 hours at a time.
We recommend that you do not burn your candle longer than 4 hours at a time. Allow your candle to cool for at least 2 hours after extinguishing before trimming the wick and relighting.
The half inch of wax rule
When ½” of wax remains at the bottom of the candle jar, your candle is done. Time to try a new Natural Zen Candelilla and Coconut Candle.. This prevents possible heat damage to the counter or surface and to the container itself. Once most of the wax is consumed with only a 1/2 inch remaining,, the glass can get hot on the bottom as the flame nears the base of the jar.. We do not recommend the use of heated surfaces or candle warmers for this reason..
Burn candles away from drafts, other heat sources, and anything flammable. Make sure lit candles are out of the reach of children and pets. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
How to Store Your Candle
The candle wax and natural oils we use in our candles are sensitive to temperature , so please be careful when storing candles for an extended period of time. Store your candle in a cool, dry place with the lid on to protect it from dust and maintain the natural plant fragrances..Do not leave our candles or melts in your car or other hot location as it does contain organic coconut oil. Extreme cold causes wax to crack so be sure to store your candles between 50°F and 85°F
How to love your Natural Zen Candle:
- Choose your favorite scented candle from Natural Zen and follow our candle care tips
- Trim the wick and keep your wick trimmed to 1/8″ at all times and discard of trimmings
- Each time you burn your candle, allow the entire top layer to melt to the edges of your candle jar to 1/4 inch deep and you’ll get the best scent and use possible.
- Always burn your candle on a heat resistant surface, out of drafts, away from children and pets and NEVER leave it unattended while lit.
- When only 1/2″ of wax remains, it’s time to stop using and purchase a new Natural Zen candle.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5